Wednesday, August 5, 2009

THE LITTLE MAN



12x12" each
oil on canvas
sold

I don't feel much like painting. I've just been dragging myself around the house. I didn't realize grief runs in cycles. You have a cleansing, deep sob, get up and do some stuff and then it begins again, with a sick, empty feeling that rises up and chokes you until you spew out pain in the form of tears. Weird. I know it's an open wound, but I sure am looking forward to the scab forming. I promise not to fill up post after post with gloom and sadness. I am making a concerted effort to celebrate his having been with us for so long. These three paintings were among my first pet portrait efforts. I can't imagine why I let them go. I guess I thought he would live forever.

Thank you so very much for all of the comforting words everyone. I cannot tell you how much they helped. Himself and I read them together, blubbering all the while.

6 comments:

  1. What a handsome little man. Thanks for letting us see his beauty too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Handsome, indeed. Hang in there ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. don't feel sad he will live forever in your paintings and in in your mind and heart!!!!!!!!!!
    Beautiful painting!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My hearts aches for you. I lost my beautiful Keila last Aug. 11th and mourned more for her than any human. Hang in there...the physical pain will lessen and your heart will start to remember the beautiful times when they did not have pain. And little by little, a joy creeps in knowing that they are healed and happy now. "Bless all who have loved and lost a special animal companion for your lives are the richer". He is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm very sorry for your loss. He really is handsome! And great portraits!

    ReplyDelete

Your visits to my blog and the comments you leave here are an integral part of my creative process. They are helpful, supportive and well, let's face it, they feel really good! If I don't thank you personally, please allow me to thank you in advance for taking the time to stop by and leave your thoughts, they mean so much!