Tuesday, March 10, 2009

BUG 4


10x10"
oil on linen
$125

More creepy crawlers. These could get addicting, they're so much fun to do. I'm finding so many amazing reference treasure troves. The idea for the bugs began with a great shot of a fly by Tracie76Photography. Tracie takes some amazing shots and is thrilled to offer them for reference in return for a donation which she uses to buy more props, outfits etc. for her beautiful daughters. I'm working on a series of her daughter in the most incredible dress, the first of which I'll hopefully post tomorrow or later this week.

4 comments:

  1. The entomologists are going to start beating down your door.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm waiting for the ornithologists to start beating on mine. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome little painting.

    Your eyes just go straight to the color.

    I love that your signature is right by the bug's legs.

    Cute!

    -Dean

    ReplyDelete

Your visits to my blog and the comments you leave here are an integral part of my creative process. They are helpful, supportive and well, let's face it, they feel really good! If I don't thank you personally, please allow me to thank you in advance for taking the time to stop by and leave your thoughts, they mean so much!