Friday, January 9, 2009

TOY 3


6x6"
oil on linen
$125

I'm going back to the bookstore. I need more toys. I only have one more to go and it's my favorite, although who can dislike a Lady Bug! I loved them as a child. I never did like the creepy crawlers and dispatched quite a few in my time, but I always took great care not to harm a Lady Bug. Apologies to bug lovers everywhere. I'm completely reformed and now tote the little suckers outside, gently cradled in a napkin. Except big spiders. Himself takes care of those.

Digressing again. I can't post without mentioning my struggle with linen can I? Today, I loved it. Enough said. As long as the layers are dry, it's no problem at all. Um...duh!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, the colors! I love the way you have handled the feet, especially...the luminous metallic look must have been hard to pull off, but you sure did it!

    ReplyDelete

Your visits to my blog and the comments you leave here are an integral part of my creative process. They are helpful, supportive and well, let's face it, they feel really good! If I don't thank you personally, please allow me to thank you in advance for taking the time to stop by and leave your thoughts, they mean so much!