Monday, December 1, 2008

BUYING TIME


24x20"
oil on canvas
SOLD

I'm sooooo far behind, it feels like I'll never, ever finish a painting a post in one day again! But, if I sit down, take a deep breath and look around the place, all is well. It's weird. I've been working very hard, but because I haven't posted a daily in almost 2 weeks, a real daily, not a commission, I feel like I've been watching tv and sitting on my rather substancial laurels for a month!

There is such a feeling of accomplishment for me now when I post a daily painting. The breaks I used to take between pieces could range anywhere from one week to fifteen years, so you can see it's important for me to keep it up. I remember my shrink telling me how important it was for me to work consistently. I ignored her and didn't pick up a brush for fifteen years.

Anyway, I said all that to say that I'll be posting really old work for the next few days until I can bring the dailies in progress to completion and once again post a new piece. Ahh, that will feel nice. Till then, this is another in a series of melons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your visits to my blog and the comments you leave here are an integral part of my creative process. They are helpful, supportive and well, let's face it, they feel really good! If I don't thank you personally, please allow me to thank you in advance for taking the time to stop by and leave your thoughts, they mean so much!