Sunday, November 2, 2008

YOUNG MAN


5 x 7"
oil on canvas
$150

When I was younger I loved going to festivals, parks and concerts with my camera. I would wander around and take photos of all the incredibly great looking people wandering around. This guy, who had the most sensuous features, seemed genuinely flattered when I'd asked permission to shoot his image. I remember he was very shy and thought he wasn't very attractive at all.

Bet he'd be thrilled to look like this now, I know I would, well you know what I mean. Remember when you were younger and you were sure you'd always look young and on some level actually thought your grandmother was born looking older because that's the part she played in your life? No? Oh. I did. Anyway, I dug out some snaps the other day because I felt like painting those features.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your visits to my blog and the comments you leave here are an integral part of my creative process. They are helpful, supportive and well, let's face it, they feel really good! If I don't thank you personally, please allow me to thank you in advance for taking the time to stop by and leave your thoughts, they mean so much!