Thursday, November 6, 2008

NUDE 13


12X12"
oil on canvas
$125

I bought another Virtual Pose book with CD Rom and it's truly amazing. I still can't get over placing the mouse on the figure and dragging to spin the pose 180 degrees. Ah, technology. I'm repeating myself but I'm still fascinated.

I'm really pressed for time so I did another nude for my daily today. The curve of the back, the way the hips move even though she's stationary, it's just nature at its best. I wanted to try expressing movement with line, a technique I learned at FIT. I'm more than a little rusty, but I'll warm up over time. So much can be said with the right line weight. If done correctly, a shadow can be indicated by just curving or strengthening the weight of the line. More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your visits to my blog and the comments you leave here are an integral part of my creative process. They are helpful, supportive and well, let's face it, they feel really good! If I don't thank you personally, please allow me to thank you in advance for taking the time to stop by and leave your thoughts, they mean so much!