Monday, September 29, 2008

THE PIG


5 X 5"
Oil on canvas
$100

This is my new 401(k). Cute isn't he? Still have a touch of artist's flu, better known as sagging confidence and fear of the future, but I'm pressing on, no matter what. Every painting isn't going to be exactly what I want it to be and I have to accept that. I don't do this often, but himself suggested I have a couple of shots of germ killer, sans the raw clams. I did as instructed and afterward felt infinitely better. I needed some sort of creative satisfaction so we happily jammed into the wee hours and recorded it. The idiot voice finally shut up. Optimism abounds—at least for the rest of the day. Time to start another daily.

2 comments:

  1. Don't listen to those voices because this is done very well. To use that many different colors of purple and you achieved much success in doing so. Keep painting we all love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely love this painting. The small touch of warmer pink is brilliant! This painting straight away caught my eye!

    ReplyDelete

Your visits to my blog and the comments you leave here are an integral part of my creative process. They are helpful, supportive and well, let's face it, they feel really good! If I don't thank you personally, please allow me to thank you in advance for taking the time to stop by and leave your thoughts, they mean so much!