Tuesday, August 19, 2008

SARONG 2


6 x 6"
Oil on gallery profile linen
Please contact me thru
www.suzanneberry.com
for purchase info

Strange couple of days. It's funny when one's life takes a melodramatic turn how suddenly one thinks one doesn't have to paint. Ha! Surprise! And, in the end, it made everything all better.

This is the second in a series of the same sarong. There's a literary term for that isn't there? When most of the words in one sentence begin with the same letter? I'll ask himself. Anyway, the linen was a dream today. Guess it depends on my mood. These are fun to do and go quickly. I was fortunate enough to get another commission this morning so I need to work in my waiting list, the gallery portfolio and my dailies. Oh my, just look at me... I'm a professional!

Oops forgot to sign it. I actually finally have decided on a signature. I love it, it's primitive and cool and when I showed it to my husband, he heartily approved. He should. It was his! I guess that's where I saw it. Another oops! It's cool though, the tail on his "y" doesn't curve like mine, so we're good. How exciting is this?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your visits to my blog and the comments you leave here are an integral part of my creative process. They are helpful, supportive and well, let's face it, they feel really good! If I don't thank you personally, please allow me to thank you in advance for taking the time to stop by and leave your thoughts, they mean so much!