Wednesday, July 30, 2008

DONE!


Kate
40 x 30"
Oil on canvas
Private collection

Finally! I can't believe it! I feel like a real professional! I have a real studio! I had a real one before, but it looked more like a storage room held prisoner by dust bunnies the size of tumbleweeds with an easel in it. Before the room shrieked! Now it hums. It's amazing what bringing order to chaos does for the psyche.

I refused to open any paint up until I bought one of those carpet protectors that you can slide your chair around on. Put art on the wall, put everything in its place and it's time to get down to business. Far too late to start a daily today, but I'm definitely ready for tomorrow.

This is one of my first figure portraits done about a few years back, when I was working with my version of artistic training wheels—water mixable oils. Don't ask. Anyway, I'll be up early and ready to report to work in my brand, spanking new, orderly studio that hums. There will finally be a daily posted tomorrow. Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your visits to my blog and the comments you leave here are an integral part of my creative process. They are helpful, supportive and well, let's face it, they feel really good! If I don't thank you personally, please allow me to thank you in advance for taking the time to stop by and leave your thoughts, they mean so much!