Wednesday, June 25, 2008

WHITE CUPSCAPE


5 x 7"
Oil on canvas
Please contact me through
www.suzanneberry.com for purchase info

Back to cotton duck today. I thought I liked linen better. Right now it's a toss up. Guess it's the mood I'm in. I love the monotone look to this piece, although it's rife with primary colors. These are also my favorite cups. Just like the feel of them.

I began with thinner application this time to minimize any missed canvas which results in white dots. We'll see. I still have time to devote to my larger pieces today, so it's back to the easel.

I listen to audiobooks while I work sometimes. I listened to Eckhart Tolle's book, A New Earth and found it very helpful in stopping the mental chatter that distracts me and saps my confidence. Have you ever stopped to listen to some of that crap in your head? I had an incredibly peaceful day today because I made a point of staying in the moment and I think it also helped my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your visits to my blog and the comments you leave here are an integral part of my creative process. They are helpful, supportive and well, let's face it, they feel really good! If I don't thank you personally, please allow me to thank you in advance for taking the time to stop by and leave your thoughts, they mean so much!