Sunday, June 22, 2008

CANDLESTICKS


5 x 7"
Oil on canvas
In progress

This is the daily painting I had to stop working on yesterday and the victim of a sudden rain squall. I thought it would be dry enough to work on the highlights but the paint is still too wet. I'm thinking of taking a week to fine tune all of the daily work I have soon.

I'm still rushing the work too much. I made a list of studio rules to read each morning. I'm finding the usual doubts starting to creep in and quite simply, I'm not havin' it. I have the skills and a really great studio complete with all the equipment I need to produce an entire body of work. The only thing that was missing is a strong lasting commitment and faith in myself. I've recently joined an artist network and the feedback and interaction is incredibly inspiring. I'm also finding a few minutes spent admiring the work of other artists online really sets the tone each morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your visits to my blog and the comments you leave here are an integral part of my creative process. They are helpful, supportive and well, let's face it, they feel really good! If I don't thank you personally, please allow me to thank you in advance for taking the time to stop by and leave your thoughts, they mean so much!