Monday, May 19, 2008

ONION 2


4 x4" Oil on canvas

This week, I face my most difficult challenge to date—with regard to keeping my daily painting commitment that is. My husband is home on vay-cay, for the next ten days. This is generally not a great time of creativity and production for either of us. Since vacation equals a time of joy, complete irresponsibility and lots 'o fun, I needed a plan.

Not wanting to relinquish this incredible feeling of connection with the art gods, I decided I would wake early and get my daily in. And, I would keep my subject matter simple and easy. Hence, Onion #2! Plus, we have some real life stuff to take care of, so we'll see. If I absolutely cannot post a daily, I'll post a completed piece.

In the reference photo the onions are touching. I thought it might be nice to center each and see how that works out. It's amazing how much difference a daily commitment has made to my process. It used to take me anywhere from 15 minutes to 3 hours to actually sit down and pick up a brush. Not any more!

1 comment:

Your visits to my blog and the comments you leave here are an integral part of my creative process. They are helpful, supportive and well, let's face it, they feel really good! If I don't thank you personally, please allow me to thank you in advance for taking the time to stop by and leave your thoughts, they mean so much!