Wednesday, May 28, 2008

MOM'S CLAMS


6 x 6" Oil on canvas

When my brother and I were kids, our mother was a seafood fanatic. The pleasure she experienced from eating raw clams (back in the day, when they were sewage free) was heard throughout the house. As a result, I love them as well. But, nowadays, when I'm brave enough to toss a few back, they're usually followed with a stiff shot or two of 80 proof germ killer, mixed with a whole lot of deep denial about what gets dumped into the ocean.

I digress. These clams are in honor of Mom. They're Cherrystones, her favorite, mine too. The colors I added were only hinted at in the sun, so I turned up the volume a bit. I really like this one, I think it works well in the space. I realized yesterday that I was rushing through, just to get a daily done. Not the point. So I took my time today and I'm very pleased.

And now, I'm off to the market for some clams and germ killer. Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your visits to my blog and the comments you leave here are an integral part of my creative process. They are helpful, supportive and well, let's face it, they feel really good! If I don't thank you personally, please allow me to thank you in advance for taking the time to stop by and leave your thoughts, they mean so much!