Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Heavy Sigh!

Basically, I've started a blog with the intention of doing a painting a day to successfully petition the Daily Painter's site to accept me. I've never done a painting smaller than 12x12". Today I began my first 6x6". I thought it would be a breeze. It wasn't. My first problem is that if a painting doesn't look great within the first 5 minutes, I'm depressed. Childish impatience much? Of course the photo I chose to paint from is one I took of a bottle in the sun, its illuminated shadow casting a beautiful green glow on this funky blue table, which has a funky blue pattern. You think I'd start with an apple on a simple surface with a simple background. But no. "Let's blow yourself out of the water," right out of the gate has accomplished nothing but to set myself up to fail so I can give up. Sorry. Not gonna happen. Tomorrow I'll be purchasing some fruit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your visits to my blog and the comments you leave here are an integral part of my creative process. They are helpful, supportive and well, let's face it, they feel really good! If I don't thank you personally, please allow me to thank you in advance for taking the time to stop by and leave your thoughts, they mean so much!